Feature Requests

12

Feature Requests

Ivan - Lead Programmer
Administrator
This post was updated on .
If you have a suggestion for a new feature added to the app let us know here.

Please note that at this time we are NOT considering adding images for the characters generated. With all the factors that are included it would take a great deal of artwork to implement this, and it is not within our time constraints or budget.

Also we have received a request for an exit button, but if you simply press the home key on your Android device the app will be exited.

Current requests:
Allow backup of characters
Save characters to SD Card
Auto save changes
Modern options
Sci fi options
Share via social media and email
Descriptions of custom attributes
Permanently add or remove options
Permanently add or hide drop down attributes
Options to hide elements which reference sex, drugs, and disorders
Add icons for each of the selectable items in some of the lists
Prevent characters from being re-rolled if the app loses focus (example: phone call) and you return to the app
Save 'other' elements permanently into the lists
Copy a summary of the character to the clipboard
Save more or unlimited characters
Automatically know the character name when saving a previous character so you don't have to enter it again.
Notes or Miscellaneous information section
Change some terminology: transgendered to transgender, hermaphrodite to intersex (physical) and non-binary or gender variant (mental)
export characters
add/remove custom weapons
druid as a class
ability to add your own image
templates or separation for different uses (PCs, NPCs, authors, and actors)
Share characters on social media

Re: Feature Requests

anonimus
You should be able to add describtions to the newly created things and you should be able to post your character in somekind of character rating system

Re: Feature Requests

Ivan - Lead Programmer
Administrator
Hi Anon,

What do you mean by a rating system? Like an online database of characters which people could up or down vote?

Re: Feature Requests

jd8197
I would like to see a second weapon slot so you could have two daggers or a short sword and a crossbow,
Also this is an awsome app, super simple but someow fun. Thanks for spending the time to work on it

Re: Feature Requests

Ivan - Lead Programmer
Administrator
Hi jd8197,

That shouldn't be too hard to add, and it make sense. I'll add it to the list of pending attributes :)

Regards,
   Ivan

Re: Feature Requests

anon
more like 3 weapon slots would be good :D

Re: Feature Requests

Ivan - Lead Programmer
Administrator
Hi Anon,

Perhaps then, in this case, it would be best to make it into one which you can add or remove extra slots.

Regards,
   Ivan

Re: Feature Requests

Rozal
Hi Ivan,

I just have purchased the pro version and it`s awesome! Simple and complete, it is just perfect.
Here are some suggestions: it will be cool to add, next to the weapon button, one with the "fighting skill" of your character. Something to show us if our character is a novice in the use of his/her weapon, or we are in the presence of a legendary master.
Here is a suggestion of the values of this feature.
.Novice
.Practicioner/Apprentice
.Expert
.Master
.Legendary
Just five.

Also, I need the class feature needs some npc classes and jobs. just for fun and roleplay immersion.
Here are my suggestions.
. Blacksmith
. Tailor
. Farmer/Peasant
. Ingenieer/Mechanic
. Miner
. Carpenter
. Fisherman/Sailor
. Messenger

And my last suggestion is a feature to show the style of powers, techiques and magic the character usually use.
Examples or suggestions:
. Master of puppets
. Lord of shadows
. Beast Master
. Lord of Flames/Sea/Earth/Winds
. Iron Fist
. Snake/Wolf/Lion/Shark/Tiger/Eagle Blood
. Master of the Death
. Master of Time
. Master of Blades/Swords
Etc...

I hope this is not too much. Hope you agree with them!

Regards.

Re: Feature Requests

Rozal
... Maybe the last feature could be more simple. Simply "Master of..." and then "Tine, Shadows, Wolves, Flames, Puppets, Sands, Blades, Ice, Dragons, etc...

The name of the feature could be Style of Skills.

Regards!

Re: Feature Requests

Ivan - Lead Programmer
Administrator
Hi Rozal,

They all seem like good ideas. I'll consider implementing them, though when I do they may end up slightly altered. Thanks for supporting us :)

Regards,
   Ivan

Re: Feature Requests

Rozal
Great! I'm lookinf forward for the next update.

Best Regards!

Re: Feature Requests

Divine Requiem
I was thinking the same thing about the new description on custom things, makes it feel like it was natural to the already great app.
Bring in The Horizon, and Escape No Fate.

Re: Feature Requests

Ben the Swole
Hey, great combination if apps. Just two simple ideas that I'm looking for to make these apps my one stop shop for gaming!
All I'm looking for is an inventory app and a quest tracker where I can record HISTORY!

Thanks for the consideration!

Re: Feature Requests

Ivan - Lead Programmer
Administrator
Hi Ben the Swole,

For now we're going to prioritize updating and making these apps better, but I will add those to our list of possible future apps!

Regards,
Ivan

Re: Feature Requests

rpggamer
How about a feature to link characters you've made. This could be in relationships, but you could add a relationship between Save Slot 1 and Save Slot 2, or even go as far as include a favourites tab and sort certain characters into custom clans. And, if you want to go really far, you could add a spirit animal, guardian animal or pet to your character. I feel this would benefit the apps accessibility. Although, I have saw that some individuals want to add stats, but I feel that this feature could be left to a separate app, so that too much detail isn't put into each character, and it may become confusing to new users of the app.

export chadracter

infoholico
Nice app, but it would be very nice to be able to export chars to txt and/or pdf , this would make it more useful, thanks
Tal

Re: Feature Requests

Tal
You absolutely NEED the option to delete some descriptions.

I, for example, am using this character creator in the context of a world which is closer to life, which means all these dozens of species are irrelevant to me, and I must roll and reroll until a relevant race comes up, which is not very convenient.

Re: Feature Requests

Jarrett
An option to add or remove custom weapons

Re: Feature Requests

Sarah
Druid does not appear to be an option. It should be added since it is a core class.

Re: Feature Requests

Something
Please allow saving info to the device or sharing info or downloading info
Anyway great app thanks!!
12