Sound Requests

Ivan - Lead Programmer
Administrator
This post was updated on .
If you'd like to see a sound added please let us know here!

Please Note: we do have a very large list of requests pending. Some sounds are very difficult to find and if you have one you'd like to help out with let us know!

Please Note: We are planning a series of updates to address this large list of requested sounds very soon.

The following are sounds that we are currently looking to acquire for the app (in no particular order):

War Cries (Elf, Halfling, Dwarf, etc.)
Spider Web
Turn Undead (Male and Female)
Phrase from different languages (Elven, Dwarven, etc. Male and Female)
Evil Cleric
Death Grunts/Screams (Male and Female)
War Cry to Grummsh
Volley of Arrows
Laughter (Halfling, Dwarf, Elf, etc. Male/Female)
Bats
Force Field
Force Field hit with weapon
Force Field hit with magic
Spell collision
Reverse latin demonic chants
Light spell
Barbarian battle cry / rage
Khorne Warrior yell
Shuffling Footsteps
Jokes
Hurt Animal
Evil Chant
Footsteps drawing closer
Footsteps getting further away
Charging
Grappling
Pixies
Drunken Dwarves
Drinking Songs
Acid Rain
Potion Pouring
Avalanche
Tunnel Collapse
Ghost Scream
Money in a bag
Iron Golem
Bronze Warder
Bugbear
Grappling Hook
Torch
Paddling in water
Owlbear
Clockwork Construct
Panicked Townsfolk
Tavern Brawl
Stone Golem
Dog whimper
Hammer strike
Trap about to spring
Loose rocks
Stone sliding on stone
Jungle
Jabberwock WH
Soft Wind (Astral or Aetheral being entrance)
Ent
Nalfeshnee
Ice Devil
Babau
Bearded Devil
Shirt rip
Monty Python monk and other sounds (may not be possible due to copyright law)
Claws on stone
Planets Colliding
Planes Merging
Echoing corridors
Night time forest track
Jousting
Guillotine Execution
Stirge
Flapping Wings
Bowstring (Snap from release)
Fairy Dust
Brief sounds for different instruments (lute, flute, harp, etc)
More troll sounds
Balrog
Beast dying roar
Slap
Illusion spells
Enchantment
Hydra
Crypt open with musty air rush
Draw bridge open/close
Siren
Harpy
Mermaid
Stone door opening
Emergency bell
Snow
Infinite storm
Torture chamber background track
Duck
Group of Ducks
Group of Angry Ducks
Vomiting
Bloody scream
"It Burns!"
Blood Spurting
Warg
Cave
Dungeon
Castle
Goblin Dieing
Defeat claxon
Angel chorus
Market sounds
Madman mumbling
Hammer and anvil
Distant hammer and anvil
Drawing a bow string
Sword sheathing
Boar
Chopping wood
Wheels on a cart turning
War drums
Slap
Crickets
Flint and tender lighting a torch
Hear ye, hear ye!
Bullet whizzing by
Eldar jump pack
Eldar jet bike
Witches cackle
Piercing
Bludgeoning
Slashing
Scoffing
Flash Gordon style sci-fi effects
Different sheathing sounds for various weapons
Dragon in the distance
Ice breath, wind breath, etc.
Drawing a bow
Giant footsteps
Knocking on door
"Halt! Who goes there?"

Re: Sound Requests

BigGb
I like your product me and my friends use it in our games, so here's a few to add to your list,

Market sounds
Madman mumbling
Hammer and anvil
Distant hammer and anvil
Drawing a bow string (I don't know if that's what you meant by bowstring)
Sword sheathing
Boar
Chopping wood
Wheels on a cart turning
War drums
Slap
Crickets
Flint and tender lighting a torch
Hear ye, hear ye!
Bullet whizzing by

Re: Sound Requests

Ivan - Lead Programmer
Administrator
Hi, and Welcome BigGb!

I think somewhere in the app there is already a chopping wood sound (I'm not sure; I'll have to hunt around for it again). Regardless I've added them all to the list of requests.

Thanks for your input! :)

Re: Sound Requests

Wolfy
All the sound ideas are wonderful! Ty

Re: Sound Requests

Ivan - Lead Programmer
Administrator
Hi Wolfy!

Thanks for the praise! I'm working to catch up with this list but some of the sounds are difficult to engineer without the large budget of a movie or video game. Still the list has been shrinking, thankfully.

Re: Sound Requests

zames
Hi chould you do more on the music.side I whould love to se something like battle music and boss battle music and maby a sad song thanks apart from that an epic app

Re: Sound Requests

Ivan - Lead Programmer
Administrator
Hi Zames,

We're definitely planning to add in some more music in future updates!

Regards,
   Ivan

Re: Sound Requests

Jorda75
Howdy Ivan, I've been making sound effects for my Pathfinder games for a while now, wondering if I could lend you a hand with this project. I can send you some of the files I've created, I don't think they're up to the same level as many of yours but they might help lighten the load :-)

Re: Sound Requests

Ivan - Lead Programmer
Administrator
Hi Jorda75,

As long as you are willing to release them under a license where the sounds can be used for commercial purposes, then I would appreciate being able to use them, and I could site you in the help file.

One way you could get them to us would be via email to acarcana@gmail.com, but what would be excellent would be if you could upload your sound effects to www.opengameart.org , so that others could use them in indie games as well!

If you do release the sound effects to us then I would appreciate if you picked a license for them such as CC-by-SA 3, or GPL 3, so that the usage rights would be clearly defined :)

Regards,
    Ivan

Re: Sound Requests

Dude1590
Dragon fire,ice,wind breath,Dragon in the distance,dragon sounds basically,um....the sound when you pull the bow back,sheathing a sword,bow,axe....umm...i think thats all i got

Re: Sound Requests

Ivan - Lead Programmer
Administrator
Hi Dude 1590,

We'll add these sounds to our lists, but in the creatures page there are already a few dragon and dragon fire sounds.

Regards,
   Ivan

Re: Sound Requests

GMkay
Love the app, my only request is an option to loop any sound.

Re: Sound Requests

Ivan - Lead Programmer
Administrator
Hi GMKay,

We're definitely planning to add that as a feature in an update.

Regards,
   Ivan

Re: Sound Requests

Alisson Mark
All sounds is very good ideas! Pls put all in app.

Re: Sound Requests

subset
I just bought your app. I love it. You need to add door knocks and a guards challenge ie halt who goes their?

Re: Sound Requests Voice over talent

Matthew Richardson
I'm a voice over artist and avid DnD player and I would love to lend my voice to your app. Please check out my YouTube channel UsFilthyCasuals where I have some demo reels available. They are my comedy reels but I do have a range of darker character sounds I can do

Re: Sound Requests

Ivan - Lead Programmer
Administrator
Hi subset,

I've added your sound suggestions to the list!

Hi Matthew Richardson,

Your voices on youtube sound great! I'd love to have some recordings for the app. I'm finally back into programming this app and working on an update with some bugfixes right now!

You're welcome to go through the list of requested sounds I've made and make up any sound you like. If you email them as an attachment to acarcana@gmail.com then I'll receive them  and add them into the app ASAP. Otherwise, I'll get in touch once I've done a few bug fixes here and see what can be done.

Regards,
Ivan

Re: Sound Requests

Shawpatty
Please add people walking

Re: Sound Requests

Thelfar
Hi all. I've just discovered this app and it's great!!! I miss some speaking spells (you know, magical words for casting spells). Baldurs Gate have tons of them,don't know if there's copyright restrictions.